Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sari-Sari Store Reflection


We had a sari-sari store before and business was so good that time. 


When people have something to buy, you bet our little sari-sari store have it. Since we don't have a helper, me and my sister are the one who will man the "family business" when my mother is not around. 

The lines like "Pabile!"- "Ano yun?"- "Meron kayong yelo?"- "Meron?" are the words of everyday.

I remember when me and my sister were in-charge of the sari-sari store one night, 
a drunk man buy something from our store. My sister was the one who gave what the man need and when she was about to give the drunk man's change, he intentionaly held my sister's hand too long. He run his fingers to my sister's palm as he get the coin from the sister's shaking hand.

After the man left, my sister ran to my father and told what happened while trying to explain in between sobs.

I followed my father as he left immediately and look for the drunk guy who I think will  see the stars not on heaven but above his head. 

I was right! 

When my father was standing right in front of the man, he slapped him with his right hand and said "Wag na wag mong babastusin ang anak ko!"

Today, as I reflect on that story, I am reminded that the love of the father for his child is one of the greatest in the world.

I also imagine how God love us very much. Because if my father who is mortal love his children so much, how much more our Father in heaven.

I believe that Christ also went through difficult and dangerous situation just for us.- The Cross.

He did not used his palm to slap someone in the face, but he allowed it to be placed on the cross and be nailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment