Thursday, July 15, 2010

Big Boy Has a Big God



I was in the front row listening to the story of a man who was changed by God. It was like being in the front line of God's miracle listening to this person's sharing. This is his life story. May you also be blessed!

Living The Life
 He was one of the best multiplex artists of the 90s. He sings for all major recording companies in the Philippines during that time. He was also the most sought after singer to all major TV commercial jingles. He got it all, fame, money, girls and other things that an ordinary man would need. 

The Addiction and the Fall
Because he has all the money at his disposal, vices were part of his life and his greatest addiction was drugs. He started by just having a little then got totally addicted to it. Then little by little his career fell apart. The recording companies that he was signed one by one did not renew his contract. With the strong addiction lurking in his system, he needed to fund his craving for drugs but this time he has no more singing career to fund his vices. So he did the worst, he became a drug pusher and became a big-time one. He was one of the prime mover of the biggest and dirtiest drug deals in Quezon City. He was ranked as the 3rd most wanted during his time. And that is the time also when he was known as "Big Boy."  Drug deals under him and his group were successfully made and they just got out of the scene leaving no trace for them to be captured.

The Biggest Deal and The Strongest Prayer
One afternoon one of Big Boy’s contacts told him that they had a project and it’s a big one. He told Big Boy that they will do a “one time, big time deal”.  After this drug deal then they can all “retire” from this dirty work. Without thinking twice, Big Boy said yes to the offer having in mind that this will be the last time after all so he should definitely do it.

The scheduled day arrived. Big Boy woke up early to prepare for the drug deal. He checked his gun and stepped out his room. On his way out, he overheard his mom praying earnestly for him. His mother's eyes were closed as tears run down to her face. Then on that point, he made an unexplainable decision. He decided not join the deal anymore and the biggest turning point was right then and there he simply surrendered his life to God. Without explanation he simply surrendered.


After a few days he learned that all the member who joined the drug deal were all killed.

His Life at Present
Big Boy now sings as member of the band named 29A.D. where they tour around the world to spread the word of God though music. There are many funny but inspiring moments that happened to him during their concert outside the county. 

Miracle in Europe & Australia 
One of them was when they were in Europe for a concert and when they were having their lunch, two person approached him and asked if he can still recognized them. Big Boy apologized and told them that he can't remember. The two person said that they were his former runner on his drug deals and they are now also members of the catholic community- Couples for Christ!

When he was in Sydney, his host family were very kind to him especially the father of the family and when he was about to sleep the guy told him that he was a former narcotic agent and he was the one in-
charge of Big Boy's case and he is now also a member of Couples for Christ.




Big Boy ended his sharing with a song from Casting Crowns and after he sung, people gave him a standing ovation while many are crying not just for his talent but for his life that was Changed By Christ.



 Who am I? 

Who am I? 
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I? 
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Bridge:
Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours. 

Who am I? 
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.
Who am I? 
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours. 

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I am yours..
I am yours..


No comments:

Post a Comment