Friday, July 2, 2010

Life is B-e-a-u-t-i-f-f-f-f-u-u-u-l-l-l…





As I sit and watch the setting sun over the bay of Bohol, I'm undergoing  the process of what I personally call being in a state of “can-hardly-believe-what-I-am -seeing-and-can’t-really-cope-with-the-beauty-in-front-of-me.” Well, in short, I am completely in awe. Such beauty moves me to truly surrender myself to God. I realize it proves to me even more that God is indeed in control.




Even Arnold Would Cry
I really can’t help it. How can I not be completely swept of my feet when right in front of me is so much beauty that only God can make! The sky is colored red, orange, blue, purple and pink. The clouds are giant animals that make the whole sky their play ground. The water in the sea silently reflects the beauty of the world above her. The silhouettes of the boats are resting after a night of battling with the sea waves.




Man, God is really amazing! I really believe that if Arnold Schwarzenegger was sitting beside me right now in a tight tank top, yellow colored bands on both wrists, big  vava-voom muscles with a tiger look on his face, he would ask for a tissue while  uncontrollably sobbing. He would say in a alá Terminator voice “Life is b-e-a-u-t-f-f-f-f-u-u-u-l-l-l-l…”

The Everyday Miracle
Do you ever wonder how many times this miracle unfolds? Well I have an answer, it happens every single day. Since the Alpha and until the Omega. From the book of Genesis and until the Revelations.
Maybe you're thinking, “Really? How come I've never noticed it before?”  Well, hmm…Maybe you've just been busy? You've been busy with problems, busy worrying, busy with trying to keep things in order but messing it up even more in the end
My friend, I have advice for you. Let God take control. Let Him be the painter of your life. Rest in His arms. I’m sure that you will finally see how wonderful God made everything to be. And one day you will wake up, look around and you will say, “Life is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-f-f-f-u-u-u-l-l-l…”

photo credit: Omar Olarte, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment