Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Awaken The Hero In Every Heart of Filipinos

I write this article with a troubled heart for what happened in my beloved country- Philippines. 8 innocent Chinese were killed together with the hostage taker- Rolando Mendoza in the recent incident. 

First, I want to address this letter to my beloved Chinese People.  I would like to apologize with a sincere heart in what happened to your people while they are in Manila. I know that this apologize is insignificant, inconsequential and irrelevant but still I want to say sorry for the deep wound in the hearts of many Chinese people that was caused by the wrong deed of one Filipino- Rolando Mendoza and  also by the mishandling of our authorities that led to this horrific ending. Please know that we also as a nation, grieve for what happened to your people.

Second, For the Filipino people. I truly believe deep in my soul that there is goodness in every heart of the Filipino. I hope that what happened will be a wake-up call to every Filipino that we should and must take action to help one another and be sensitive to each others need.  Let us show to the world that we are a people that cares for one another, loving, generous and honest. Let us put our faith into action by helping the helpless and the oppress. Let us use the "Bayanihan Spirit" that is a great gift which was handed- down by our ancestors. 

We can do this Filipino, we can rise up from all these hardships that we are facing. Let us love our county will all of our heart because if we do not love the Philippines, no one else will. Let our hearts be full of passion to help our nation and our hands be a tool to build and not to destroy. Change is waiting for us, it has been there all along but let us not put all the responsibility to one leader or to a few people, we must take part. We must take action. We must act now. 

Let us awaken the hero in every hearts of the Filipinos!

No comments:

Post a Comment