Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fight For Your Dreams

Stock Photograph - asian boy day 
dreaming at desk 
in classroom. 
fotosearch - search 
stock photos, 
pictures, wall 
murals, images, 
and photo clipartI am a dreamer. Yep, I am that kind of person who have big hairy audacious dreams and goals.


Before, I think it was wrong to dream. There came a point in my life where I thought that having big dreams is wrong because I have this mistaken interpretation of the phrase "be contented on what you have". 

Don't get me wrong, I am contented of the life I have right now. I am contented in the context of being happy with whatever I have. I am really happy. No, make that truly happy.

But there is a little problem.

I realized that the life I have is not just meant for me to be happy and contented with what I have but to also help other people find happiness and contentment in their lives as well. I realized that the only way for a person to be happy is no other way but to serve others.  If you will learn the joy in serving other people then you can truly say that you have lived. 


Last month, on the day of my birthday I updated my goals and my dreams in life. While I am typing down the words, I get very excited to do all those things. I believe that God put those dreams in my heart and He wants me to be happy by pursuing those dreams. After I have finished writing, I prayed to God and was very determined that I will fight for these dreams. I will pursue all of these because I know that God will bless many people through me. I want to be in the front line of God's work to bless other people's lives.


How about you, will you also heed those dreams that God placed in your heart and fight for it?





No comments:

Post a Comment