Friday, January 28, 2011

You Cannot Bring Your Wealth With You When You Die. So Why Dream To Be Rich?!

"Why do you like to be rich? When you die, you cannot bring your wealth with you anyway..."

This is a familiar phrase I hear from many people.

Yes they are partly correct, you really cannot bring your wealth with you if you are six feet below the ground.

But I strongly disagree with that phrase.

Here's why.

It was a perfect Friday afternoon as I visited my mom's new resting place in Holy Gardens Cemetery. The setting sun was painting the sky with beautiful colors as the light of the day slowly surrenders to the approaching evening.

From where I was standing, I can see the sun slowly kissing the waters of Laguna de bay as it bids farewell to another beautiful day.


After saying a prayer for my mom, I decided to spend a quite time and walk inside the cemetery.

 As I pass by the grave of the people who are lying there, I am pondering with the question I mentioned above.

Then a realization hit me.

It is true that we cannot bring our wealth with us when we die but I realized that If you want to be rich because deep inside your heart you want to help people, you need to feed your family, you want to donate to your community, you want to go on a mission, and you want to bless the world...

Then even if you cannot bring those wealth with you when you die, seek for it anyway. Pursue your dreams anyhow. 

Why?

Because YOU CAN LEAVE IT TO OTHERS. Because YOU CAN GIVE IT AWAY TO THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT THE MOST.

I think it is selfish to think that if we cant bring our wealth with us, we will not even try to be wealthy. I personally believe that this world needs more Christ-like millionaires so that the Earth would be a better place to live in. 

This world needs true millionaires not just in pockets but in the hearts.

Truly, money is NOT the most important thing in the world but money affects everything that is important to us- our family, our organization, the people dear to us, our community.

Let us always remember that greed and generosity comes from the same source- our hearts. Money is just an instrument so you can show what's inside yours.

Be blessed everyone!

1 comment: